Year 3 - Team Emerald
Miss Cree - firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Taylor and Mrs Gelipter
Autumn 1 Information
- Mrs Jowitt teaches every Tuesday, Wednesday and alternate Mondays, and Mrs Cree teaches alternate Mondays and every Thursday & Friday. This term will begin with Mrs Jowitt teaching on the Monday. The learning which takes place will flow throughout the week and we work together to ensure the children get consistency and continuity across our teaching days.
- We are lucky enough to have Mrs Taylor joining our team on Mondays and Mrs Gelipter working with us on Thursdays and Fridays.
- PE will be on Monday and Friday. Both lessons will be outdoor, so please ensure your child has a PE kit in school which which fits the school policy and is suitable for cold/damp weather.
- Book bags are to come into school on a Monday and will be returned home on a Tuesday.
- Please send your child to school every day with a full water bottle. They are also welcome to bring a healthy snack for playtime if they wish to!
Homework for Year 3 will be set every Friday after school and should be completed by the following Friday.
There will be 4 activities set each week, which will all be uploaded to Seesaw. Please make sure your child is clicking on the green 'Add Response' button when adding their learning (as this makes sure no work gets missed). The activities will be;
- A Maths activity
- An English/SPAG activity
- A reading activity
- A list of spellings to learn for the following Friday's test.
The instructions for each task will be given each week on the Seesaw activity, but they should not take more than 15 minutes. In addition to this, children should be aiming to read for 15 minutes 4x per week and logging onto TTRS regularly. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Autumn 1: STONES AND BONES!
Autumn Term 1 Learning
We are extremely excited to announce that our first topic of the year will be... Stones and Bones!
Our driver subject for the half term will be History, but we will be doing lots exciting learning in other subjects too! The topic will include;
- Becoming historians to explore how life was different in the Stone, Bronze and Iron Ages.
- Investigating how we find out about the past using primary and secondary sources.
- Looking at the different ways the time periods are represented and assessing how historically accurate they are.
- Combining history and geography skills to map the major prehistoric monuments in the UK.
In other areas of the curriculum...
- As mathematicians, we will be focusing on number and place value of three digit numbers. We will then move onto mental and written methods for addition and subtraction.
- In English, we will be using a range of video clips and books to inspire 'Exciting Writing' linked to instructions, storytelling and poetry. We will also continue to build on our reading comprehension skills through a range of Bookflix activities.
- As scientists, we will be carrying out a number of investigations to find out about light and shadows.
- Through our 'learning for life' sessions, we will be finding out about Hinduism and understanding emotions.
- We will begin learning basic conversational French as a base for KS2 language lessons. We will become confident using greetings, sharing names and ages and even asking how people are feeling that day.
- In D&T, we will be looking at structures.